The Innovation Track Sessions
This year, you can select from:
- Gamification in Healthcare – The University of East Anglia (UEA) and Anglia Ruskin University’s REACTOR team have come together to find new ways to innovate, add value to products and services through the application of games technologies, creative digital methodologies and knowledge exchange. Applications within the healthcare and medical arenas, data science, tourism will be presented in this engaging session. Read More.
- Automotive & Engineering – Led by the team from Hethel, we will be joined by leading entrepreneurs and experts sharing their insights into low carbon initiatives, including ‘Lightweight EV’, ‘sustainable super-efficient batteries’, before turning thoughts to fascinating future technologies. Read More.
- The Future of Digital Health – Led by One Nucleus, this session will address important issue in digital health that the life science community face both now and in the future. You will hear three short talks from different organisations in the sector explaining how you can prepare for the future in an ever growing space. The session will be chaired by Ian Campbell of Innovate UK, and include talks on Data Pools and Digital Health in the Region from Eastern ASHN, managing Data Efficiently, and what Does the New Data Protection Law Mean for Digital Health from Penningtons Manches.
- Meet the future: Impact Entrepreneurs – Meet the future; six of the brightest and best Impact Entrepreneurs around. Peter Cowley, “best angel investor in the world” hosts this fast paced session. You vote for who wins Impact Entrepreneur 2017. This is more than just a pitch off. Not to be missed.
- Smarter Cities: The Cleantech Revolution – Led by Cambridge Cleantech. Speakers will include Dr Andrew Turton (Delta EE), Dan Clark (Smart Cambridgeshire), Sam Goodall (Cambridge Cleantech), and Tom Andrews (Pixie Energy). Learn more about global trends, the need for smart cities, and key sectors for solutions, and much more about Cambridge’s involvement.
- Scaling Up – Renowned Scale-Up expert, Uday Phadke, author of Camels, Tigers & Unicorns: Rethinking Science & Technology-Enabled Innovation, will unpack the concept of “Up-Scaling” and what it really involves for your business. Taking you on a journey that will include personal insights and practical action, you will also be introduced to the Digital Toolkit to help you achieve your Scale-Up potential. Hear from expert panel speakers from key sectors including; cleantech, IoT and engineering, with an opportunity to engage in an insightful Q&A session afterwards. Read More.
Bean Bag Briefing Lounge
In addition to our track sessions, we have a wealth of shorter learning opportunities in our Bean Bag Briefing lounge. Sponsored by Price Bailey and PA Consulting, the Bean Bag Briefing lounge is an area without tech where you can go to hear practical advice on a range of important issues including:
- IP Strategy – The Intellectual Property Office (IPO) and leading Intellectual Property experts, Marks & Clerk, will explain why it is vital to have an IP strategy to protect your ideas and business.
- R&D Tax Relief – Hear from Price Bailey’s expert R&D Tax Relief specialists, and find out how you can put R&D Tax Credits to best use.
- Accessing the NHS – If you’ve got a product you’d like to sell into the NHS, but aren’t sure how to start, then this is the session for you. Led by the Eastern Academic Health Science Network (EASHN), you’ll receive practical advice and support to bring your products to the NHS.
- Attract, Develop, Retain – How To Build Your Dream Team – Find out how to attract and retain the best team possible, with advice from Claire Button at CB Partners.
- Scientific Due Diligence – PA Consulting and Dr Giles Courtice will share their top tips for undertaking Scientific Due Diligence.
- Funding – Find out more about new ways to fund your innovation – from developing a business funding strategy to considering crowd funding. Justin Grainger from Conatus Associates will share his insights into this important topic.
You can also come and see the marvellous teams from our national sponsors, University of East Anglia (UEA), Innovate UK, Knowledge Transfer Network and Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), to find out more about how they can support the grow of your company.