Protecting your Intellectual Property can be crucial for your business; here are our top 5 reasons why:
- Registered IP protection (patents, designs and trade marks) can be a very valuable corporate asset which can be sold, licensed, used as security or monetised in the same way as any other business asset.
- Registered IP protection assists with attracting investment which can be critical for early stage companies.
- By protecting your innovation by way of a patent you are securing up to 20 years of market exclusivity. An invention does not need to be ‘high-tech’ to be considered patentable, as long as an innovation is new and inventive you can secure patent protection.
- A patent is a badge of innovation which enhances a firm’s credibility when talking with customers and partners.
- A trademark protects your brand by stopping competitors posing as you and jeopardising your product’s reputation, and can be a valuable marketing tool.
We are proud to have Marks and Clerk as the main sponsor of our “Elevator Pitch” Session.